May 15, 2010

Working for Dad

Today is flyball day in the Munro household.  You can tell that it is flyball day because both dogs sprint around the house!  Taz is extra diligent in waking up Dad.  There is generally ALOT of excitement in the air on flyball day!

I had a very STUPID accident at work (I spilt scalding hot water on my lap) so Ken had to do all the work at flyball.  It was a hoot seeing him bring Pepper and Taz back from the box!  Taz even was into dropping his ball for the tuggie!   I was able to gain a different vantage point and could really see Taz looking into the other lane (even when there was no dog).  Hint, watch how his ears flop around; they look off if he is looking at the other lane.  Unfortunately looking at the other lane, also means not watching what he is doing which leads to fumbling the ball at the box.  Silly boy!  Ken did very well at not driving Taz back home but we have more work to do!  I hope to be healed up enough for Tuesday when Taz has his first agility class in over a year.

Since dog's and human's tend to go in and out when the weather is nice a bumblebee decided to come in!  I looked down the stairs to Gizmo, Riki and Rebel all focused and playing with something that moved pretty darn fast.  Thinking it was just a spider, I descended the stairs to investigate.  As I was getting closer, I noticed it was a bee and boy was it getting mad!  It started to fly and Gizmo proceeded to pounce on it.  He managed to jump about 4 feet in the air to grab it.  He sure can twist in the air!  Now I have had to deal with a dog getting stung by a bee/wasp last year and it was not that pretty.  I decided it was not worth it for these three to get into trouble and proceeded to shoo them away from the bee.  The bee made its way to the window in the laundry room. I shut the door to trap it.  I had to grab Gizmo and shoo Riki out of the room before the door closed.  They were very intent on getting their prize!!

I do not know how long it takes a bee to die without food or water and  I had to use the bathroom. I ventured into the laundry room.  I was wise to watch were I walked because I did not need a bee sting on top of burns!!  I found the bee crawling on the bathroom floor.  I quickly grabbed an empty container to trap it!  Thinking that was good enough, I left the bathroom.  A couple of hours later, Ken goes into the bathroom and finds two cats circling the container.  

If we move it, can we get at it?
 Iz only tapping it!

After some quick thinking with a piece of paper and ceiling tile, the bee now is back in nature outside of my house and the cats are mad I spoiled their fun!

We are sulking!

No comments:

Post a Comment