February 24, 2010

Riki and Rebel take on PetSmart

Riki and Rebel will be gracing PetSmart with their presence from February 27th until March 6th.  Come out and visit with them!  They need all the people handling in the world.  They guys are maturing by leaps and bounds!  Today, while I was sitting on the couch, they both jumped up and laid down beside me.  AMAZING!!  They do enjoy being petted and scratched and often will roll onto their backs!  They will follow me in to the bathroom for more attention so they are starting to understand where the love comes from!  Now to get them to come downstairs more (I think watchdog Taz is getting in the way of their fun)!

Now on to doggie news....

This friday night is Just For Fun again.  We get to play a game called Beat the Clock.  I will have to look that game up on the internet to get a feel for it before friday night.  Taz and Pepper will be playing the game so this will be interesting!!  Saturday is the usual flyball practice, except we will be at the Metis Centre so we have more room to run back.  I am hoping to keep working on Taz passing Bandit as he is doing sooooo well at the building.  He does love to growl at his tuggie when he gets up close to me!!  Saturday night will also see Taz working on his manners while another dog and handler are running the agility equipment.  Step one in creating a better mannered dog is a jar of peanut butter and lots of treats!  I am thanking Shirley in advance for her time and knowledge so that I can get Taz back into the learning mode for agility.

Sunday will see us out at Sondog Agility for another Just For Fun day.  I will bring Taz for a run or two, except the style will be different as it is NADAQ instead of AAC.  Pepper and I had fun the last time and it will be good to get Taz out onto a different surface, even if he will make a fool out of himself.  I will be taking lots of preventative measures with him while we are passing other dogs on the way in and out of the ring!

And so begins another busy weekend for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment