September 15, 2010

Busy Month!

Boy this month sure has been busy for Pepper!  We started the first weekend of September in Regina with the Good2Go flyball tournament.  Pepper's team got into the groove and really started to rock the lanes!  I also got into the groove with her on Sunday and was able to pull off a few one foot passes with Holly.  My little princess has come along way from a year ago when she had troubles dealing with a 7 foot pass!  Rage was able to pass Pepper extremely tightly (one foot) as well.

This past weekend was the Diamonds in the Ruff's (our club) flyball tournament.  It was a SUPER busy weekend for all!  Taz got to come along and hang out in his kennel.  He enjoyed being included in the excitement even if he was not running the lanes.  Taz and I were able to fit a bit of training in and he made an executive decision to approach some strangers for a sniff which landed him load of cookies!

Pepper has started to pick up speed and broke her own personal best time.  Her new personal best is 4.81 seconds.  When we get our passing down, she will gain a few more hundredths of a second.  She may not be able to sustain that speed all weekend but I am happy she can bring it when called upon!  Needless to say, my legs were killing me from all the sprinting, trying to bring her home faster!  Here are some photos courtesy of Anita Yee.

Pepper starting
Pepper bringing home her ball!
For this weekend we shall be switching gears to run in two agility trials.  On Saturday, it is the Michelle Wudrick Memorial Trial and on Sunday it is the D & S Annual Starters Trial.  We can only hope for a Q or two this weekend.  We seem to be stuck in a 5 fault rut that is keeping us from getting Qs.  Our instructor Shirley says that some times it is better to not move up too quickly.  I know we are close and there are a few things we need to work on (like our table) but we shall get there.  I am proud of how far we have come over the last few years.  I remember thinking "how am I ever going to keep up with her when she really gets some speed"  as she was not yet able to work away from me.  Now she is comfortable with a few feet of distance and an awesome lead out.  It sure shows how much she has grown up in the sport!!

I will keep all of you posted as to how we do on the weekend!  I am hoping that someone will be there with a good camera to take a few pictures of our runs!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment